ASL takes the greatest of care in arranging the safe transport of customers’ cargo – but inevitably, from time to time, there is loss or damage during transit. The cause could be anything from:
- a major vessel or aircraft casualty or a road traffic accident
- simple accidents during handling, loading or unloading
- ingress of water into a carrying container or road trailer
- mis-direction and subsequent loss
- act of got incidents
The liability of carriers engaged by us (whether by road, air, sea or rail) for loss of or damage to cargo is always limited in monetary terms by standard contract terms or by legislation and, in some cases, liability is excluded absolutely. It is also a fact of life that claims against carriers are very time consuming and difficult. For this reason, it is vital that cargo insurance is arranged to cover goods in transit – authorities within some countries even insist on it.
Cargo insurance is good business practice. The financial and trading impact on companies of loss or damage to uninsured cargo can be devastating.
The cost of reliable cargo insurance is very modest and ASL can arrange it simply and easily. For most cargoes this covers “all risks” of physical loss or damage and is usually on a full “warehouse to warehouse” or “door to door” basis; however we can arrange for a more special or complicated requirements a special insurance policy to suit your specific needs.
Cover can be arranged on an individual consignment basis or, if you are a regular importer or exporter, we can provide you with a “open cover policy” to cover all your consignments throughout the year. There are no “hidden” charges to pay – the premium charge will simply be included with our freight invoice.
- Institute Cargo Clauses A – Link
- Institute Cargo Clauses B– Link
- Institute Cargo Clauses C– Link
- Institute Strikes Clauses Cargo– Link
- Institute War Clauses_Cargo– Link
- Termination of Transit Clause_Terrorism – Link
- DTV-Cargo Insurance Conditions 2000-2008 – Link
- List with Approved cargos – Link
- List with NON Approved cargos – Link
Contact us for a quotation or further information